Saturday, May 3, 2008

Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life Again

This song reminds me of my old buddy Ron Strickland. We pledged a business fraternity and it did take a while for our friendship to grow. I guess you could say that we weren't really what you would call two natural friends. Ron went into the Marines right out of school to become a pilot. We kept touch throughout his training and I was one of the few from the fraternity that was invited to his wedding. I think that is the last time I saw him. He was going to be stationed in Japan.

Anyway, he actually had a cd player in his car (this was back in the mid/late '80s when they first came out) Ron had this album on cd. I think of him everytime I hear it.

Ron...I hope you are still out there and you're like you used to be.

No comments: